Wednesday 18 January 2012

RUDE AWAKENING

With a humble heart I return. My intial attempt lost steam in a matter of days. No recriminations, I'll just start again, its ok. But today I found out differently. There isnt an endless supply of new leaves to turn over.

I had promised January would be my health month so I asked for a glucose 2hr blood test. Disbelieving that something could truly be wrong but scared, it was still a shock being told Im 1x level away from diabetes.
My mother has diabetes and I already have PCOS and gallstones which places me
in a higher risk bracket.

This isnt just about looking hot now, its about saving and restoring my health (plus looking HAWT!!!)
There were a few tears shed in anger for I know better but didnt take heed. I am thankful I have a chance to hopefully improve what Ive damaged.

One of my new years resolution was to keep my word. Sounds simple but deceptively difficult. Its the little things: being late/sticking to a diet/budgeting. The funny thing about integrity is its so easily tarnished, till you wake up one day and your word doesnt hold any value to others and more importantly to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment