Wednesday 22 August 2012

ARE YOU A SINNER OR SAINT?


                                                                Photo: Karen Magazine

There are moments in this journey that I succumb to food insanity.  This is when I throw all caution and good resolutions to the wind and head for food sin city.
Out of boredom, feeling deprived or stress are the main little devil triggers. Truth be told, sometimes, I just get sick of playing nice.  Grilled vegetables + chicken/meat  + salad are like a continual round of flavourless torture.  I get sick of having to spend so much time thinking about food alternatives.  I get sick of watching others indulge in delicious morsels of heaven while I quietly salivate eating a salad.  A treat now and then isnt going to hurt I say but I have that stupid insulin resistance that causes me guilt.  Yet it doesnt stop me thinking and sometimes delving into gluttonous delight:



That cheese - so  mouthwatering. I just want 1x wood fired magarita pizza ALL to myself!



Gnocchi are like seriously bad on so many levels but they are so worth talking a walk on the darkside. Homemade? I'm there with bells on.



                                                     Photo: mustardwithmutton.com

Now I have yet to indulge in a full blown dessert extravaganza but this sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce AND ice cream would be my choice of defiance.

So my conclusion:  I am obiviously not the saint people think I am so if Im gonna SIN make it WORTHWHILE and SAVOUR EVERY SLOW BITE!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment