Monday 25 June 2012

ALL THE SKINNY GIRLS ARE DOING IT!

Photo of Lara Stone - Sorry don't know the Photographer

This week I had a bit of a meltdown
I was weighed in last monday and I had lost only 1.4 kilos - I was gutted.
I had been eating quite well and to have such a poor effort for the considerable exercise I was doing didnt seem fair.  It snowballed from there. I had a fight with my mum too. I was feeling blah.
Now I didnt stuff myself with lovely gooey pizza nor did I devour a whole family pack of chocolate. Trust me I would have wanted to. 

Here is what I did do over the course of 1x week:
1x Banana paddle pop (low in sugar)
3x After dinner mints
1x Can sprite
3/4 x  Can coke (yes damn it I had one)
1x Large mandarin mango juice
Other mutiple cups of juice/sippets of lemonade
1x Bacon + egg white roll (trimmed of fat no sauce - hey it was free)
1x Skinny slice of supreme pizza
A handful of peanuts
1x Ham + cheese sandwich with butter (Shop premade - was starving)
1 x Lebanese restaurant mixed meat platter (IT WAS DIVINE)
1 x Vegetarian pad prik stir fry (yes with rice)
3x Baklava small pieces
1 x Orange and pear salad (the cranberry dressing was really sweet - heaven knows what was in it)
1x Garlic bread (the DELICIOUS kind)

AND I had a big talking to from my trainer and this was before I had gone off the deep end. 

So this is what I learned this week:
1. I have a serious problem with juices and soft drinks - trying to eliminate them completely is so hard and I  will be sad to see them go.
2. FOOD AMNESIA is a real condition that I have self diagnosed myself with.
3. I have been quietly starving myself.  My mix of day and night shift means  I dont eat at regular times.  Often I'd find I would eat once a day and I would lose my appetite.  So lets say my metabolism is slower than the little engine that could  now that its in starvation mode. Pat on the back right there! NOT.
4. According to my independent research HEALTHY SKINNY GIRLS eat lots alot of the time. What an EFFORT ...but...hmph....I will give it a burl shirle!



No comments:

Post a Comment